Front row (left to right): Katrina Lee, Lexee Simonson, Katie Voigt, Michquel Bonser Back row (left to right): Jeremi Wurtz, Sam Simonsen, David Lee
Central City Veterinary Clinic was established in 1954. In February 1965, Dr. Richard Johnson joined the practice, first as an associate and later as a practice owner. Dr. Larry Dearking joined Dr. Johnson at Central City Vet Clinic as a business partner in 1973. At the time of Dr. Dearking’s retirement in 2006, the 33 years he spent with Dr. Johnson was believed to be the longest continuous veterinary partnership in the state of Nebraska.
Dr. David Lee joined Central City Vet Clinic as an associate veterinarian in 2007. Dr. Lee purchased the practice from Dr. Johnson when Dr. Johnson entered semi-retirement in October 2009. An emphasis was placed on growing the companion animal portion of the practice to better meet the needs of local pet owners as well as continued support for local production animal needs.
Dr. Johnson retired in 2014.
In December 2015, Central City Veterinary Clinic moved to a new building and location to better serve the needs of their companion and production animal patients.